Compiled by Cliff Rames, 13 November 2011
In case you missed anything, here is a round-up of the past two weeks’ links to the news articles, blog posts and videos that highlighted Croatia, its wine or wine culture.
1. Come for the Wine: Croatia Part 2 – Splendors of Split
October 30, 2011
Wine blogger Marcy Gordon discovers the food and wine scene in Split, Croatia.
2. Vinologue: Posip Cara
November 1, 2011
A brief profile of Pošip, a native white grape on Korčula island, Croatia.
3. Come for the Wine: Croatia Part 3 – Sibenik Caressed by Sea
November 5, 2011
Marcy Gordon discovers Šibenik, where she learns that mussels “are best served when the moon is full” and that Maraština, a lemony white wine made from a locally indigenous grape of the same name, goes perfectly fresh Dalmatian seafood.
4. Croatia Exclusive Magazine: Leading UK Wine Merchant Signs Up Matosevic Wines
November 7, 2011
Bancroft Wines, one of the leading wine merchants in the UK, will become the exclusive UK distributor for Croatian wine producer Matosevic.
5. Taste of Croatia: 6 Reasons Why Teran is the Next Istrian Flagship Wine
November 8, 2011
Goran Zgrablic (aka “Manjada”) argues that Teran is the next big star in the Istrian wine galaxy.
6. Suite 101: Zlatan Otok from Hvar – Top Producer at Sabatina
November 8, 2011
There was more recognition for the wines from Hvar at Sabatina 2011 in Zadar, as Zlatan Plenkovic’s Zlatan Otok wines win top prize for both red and white.
7. Taste of Croatia: Capo -A New Force to be Reckoned With
November 10, 2011
Profile and reviews of Capo Winery, a new player on Croatian wine scene.
8. Love That Wine: Piquentum White Wine Istria, Croatia
November 11, 2011
Review of the 2010 Piquentum Malvazija
9. Secret Dalmatia: Boskinac – What Sweet Dreams are Made of
November 12, 2011
Another delicious post from our friends at Secret Dalmatia about the food, wine and luxurious boutique hotel experience one can find at Boškinac on Pag island, Croatia. Read on. Indulge. Be merry!
P.S. We love to hear from you!
If you have comments or other news to share, please comment on this post or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org